top of page
My Professional Journey
I am currently practicing in Evangelismos Hospital in Paphos as a Specialist Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon from 2016 with a particular interest in joint replacement and trauma.
After graduating from Athens University Medical School in Greece I moved in the UK for my training as an Orthopaedic Surgeon and I worked in several leading orthopaedic centres:
My training began in Bristol in the reputable Avon Orthopaedic Centre. I was also trained in the Trauma Unit of the renowned John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford and the Trauma unit of the Queen Elisabeth Hospital in Birmingham. I had the opportunity to work with experts in complex trauma, significantly consolidating my surgical expertise.
I also undertook Upper limb specialisation in the reputed Derby Shoulder Unit and the Birmingham Hand Unit (Queen Elizabeth Hospital). I have also worked and gained valuable experience in Spine Surgery at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford – centre of excellence in Spine Surgery.
In 2016 I repatriated in Cyprus and started working in private practice.
I have published a number of scientific papers relating to orthopaedics, as well as book chapters, and I present frequently at regional, national and international meetings (see my publications).
Teaching is very important to me, and as well as educating the undergraduate medical students. I served as teaching fellow in Derby (University of Notingahm Medical School) for 2 consecutive years 2015 and 2016.
I am a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England as well as a Fellow of the European Board of Orthopaedics and Trauma. I am a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
I am happily married to Maria, and have one young child.
- Surgery of the hip; including total hip replacement, revision hip replacement, the young hip, hip dysplasia, minimally invasive hip replacement and alternative bearings.
- Surgery of the knee; including total knee replacement, revision knee replacement, knee preservation surgery, arthroscopy and navigation.
- Radiofrequency ablation and its applications in orthopaedics (chronic pain, arthritis and tenditinis)
- Trauma surgery; including upper and lower limb fracture management, sports injuries, and malunion and non-union surgery.
- Spine Surgery; I have a special interest in Laser applications in Spine Surgery including PLDD (Percutaneous Laser Disk Decompression)
bottom of page